What are the principles of information security 5th edition? In this article, we will discuss more information in this title. Read this article so you can have knowledge of this study.
What are the Principles of Information Security 5th Edition?
The Principles of Information 5th edition is a textbook for people in the field of information security. Also, the book covers the principles of information security, physical security, communications security, application security, network security, data security, and computer forensics.
The Principles of 5th Edition, by NIST
- Identify and protect against threats to information assets.
- Protect information systems from events that could compromise or destroy them.
- Ensure availability of and continuous operation of information systems.
- Store information securely to preserve its integrity and confidentiality.
- Use appropriate management, operational, and technical controls to protect information systems from unauthorized access, destruction, disclosure, or modification.
The Principles of Information Security 5th Edition has some drawbacks, such as:
Require a lot of time for reading and understanding
Not enough practice to learn
So, it is not recommended to the students who want to prepare for certification.
The Principles of Information Security 5th Edition provide a lot of benefits, such as:
“The Principles of Information Security 5th Edition” is a textbook that will help people to learn and understand information security. Also, the book covers many things that we need to know and understand.
It is a good book for those who want to become an information security analyst, as well as those who prepare for certification. In addition, the book will help you to learn how to manage and operate information systems in a secure way.
Primary Criteria in Choosing the Best Textbook
Some of the important factors to consider when choosing a textbook are:
- 1. The author of the textbook. Pick a textbook written by someone who is considered an expert in the field. If you are not sure, then search online or ask your teacher.
- 2. The publishing company that issued the textbook. Is the company reputable? Check out customer reviews before purchasing.
- 3. Age of the textbook. Consider how recent it is. The book should be recent enough to reflect recent developments in the field, yet old enough so that it is still relevant and up-to-date.
- 4. The price of the textbook. Textbook prices generally range from $15 to $200, with the average cost being around $60. If you are buying used, make sure you are getting a good deal.
- 5. Availability of the textbook. Make sure it is available for your preferred format (hardcopy or e-book). If it is available online, go ahead and purchase the digital version, because that will be cheaper.
Principles of Information Security, the fifth edition by NIST. This book is written by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), an agency of the United States Department of Commerce that promotes U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness.
Also, it is by advancing measurement science, standards, and technology in ways that enhance economic security and improve our quality of life.
You can also search online to find a free textbook for Principles of Information Security. But it is not recommended to find a free textbook.
It is because there are a lot of fake textbooks that contain a lot of errors and do not include the latest developments in the field.
In the end, the Principles of Information Security 5th Edition contains a lot of useful information that can help people who do not have a lot of knowledge in information security.
If you want to become an information security analyst or security engineer, then understanding the principles of information security is your first step.